Mini Sevens update

It’s been difficult to get the Mini Sevens ready for completion but we must try to forge ahead and not have a load of games to pick up after Easter. Most areas are ready and waiting, we have 7 out of 9  finished and 2 out of 4 regions have played quarter finals.

Your original email and Calendar from September had the County semis and finals day next week but I cannot force people to make this date as the weather has been so bad and pitches are unplayable.

I would ask all outstanding areas to try to finish this week or early next week and play their quarter final play offs with their neighbouring area by the end of next week. If next week proves a disaster weather wise then I guess we’ll have to leave it but that would be most undesireable!

If you want a good surface to play on there are a number of school pitches throughout Mayo in ok shape, there are a couple of GAA Club pitches, some All Weather and there’s a selection of pitches in the C of E in Bekan, including the synthetic 3G pitch.

The semi finals draw is rotated every year on a North, South, East, West basis. This year it’s North v East and West v South.

So far the semi finals look like this…


Semi Final 1        Ballina Winner or Doohoma NS  v  Carracastle NS / Derrnabroc NS

Semi Final 2        Gaelscoil na Cruaiche or Breaffy, Castlebar v Claremorris BNS



Semi Final 1        Ballina Winner or Erris Winner  v  Midfield NS

Semi Final 2        Gaelscoil na Cruaiche or Breaffy, Castlebar v Gortjordan


When we know all the semi finalists I might see if it’s possible to play on the days immediately before Easter i.e.

Monday 14th or Wednesday 16th, the Flag raising is the 15th so it may not suit.

If not, at least we’re down to one day after Easter. I will aim then for Wednesay April 6th or Friday April 8th.

Could you let me know if these days suit.

A huge thanks to everyone for their efforts as circumstances are difficult and I know it is a busy time of year for everyone